Saturday, September 28, 2013

I am a child

I wish I could just be myself
at all times, wait why would I even say that.
I can
but somewhere back there, I honestly forgot
what does this mean? A lot
I was becoming me,
and you became present
one day, and I grew to meet you
in my self presentation of
sudden knowing that I was something
and growing into many things
and I grew until I met you
in the middle like a rainbow in skittles and
you told me that
I tasted good.
In all the ways those words could be understood.
and I said, hey, I have never really heard anyone worth my while
smack their lips after
tasting my darkest hours
and you,
my beautiful man,
have magical powers.
I am savoring of your flavor.
And you, are crazy mad,
like I had been stupid sad.
I get you.
You like this? Let's. let's find bliss,
and off we went on a mad hunt for it
(found it. right away. said, hey. let's stay...)
and I grabbed for your hand,
and you, in your complex simplicity said, I understand.
and we ran.
and so much love ensued
some me, some you, but
mostly us.
and then,
this is the part I get lost.
I grew,
I faced things not faced before you.
I just realized I might be Dr. Seuss
right now.
but whatever,
the point is this. the weather
of my being is erratic
I grew, and static prevailed.
my poor ripped sails,
I was trying to glide over the seas,
softly travel with the breeze and you
honestly couldn't take the storm
that I hardly knew would even form
You healed and fed me like I can't say in words that sound nice.
I grew with you
you grew with me
but I snapped the sail with a sudden sneeze
one too many a time
and now I am left with
several pathetic rhymes in a beat of words I write
on a calm September night
when all I wish is that
You
and
I
can
realize our love
in a way that no human bond has ever heard of

No comments: