Tuesday, January 08, 2008

a story (a rest stop)

some dark alley some stupid night
and chills of sleep wishes of deep running through me
my feet walking as i'm waking from some bleary eyed mess
eyes worse for wear
tattered

a stranger, something in his hand
a candy, me intrigued, i take it
i taste it


continue on walking
home
(not a place though
i was nowhere
then)

i arrive somewhere starving
and miraculously
discover a feast
before me

ravenously i devour it
but in my malnourished state
didn't realize i was
dreaming the feast
..didn't even know i was sleeping..
awoke with a shock, head spinning

empty empty empty nothing

this is when
i remember the taste
of the candy and
for the sake of my blood sugar
for the sake of distraction
from hunger

i go

the stranger, not so strange anymore
hand out, candy in it
in
my
mouth
now

No comments: