Wednesday, June 20, 2007

butterflies and lightning

you make me think
you make me stop and shake my head.. laugh.. want to scream.. wonder.. investigate.. wait
you make words drive me.. flicker laughter through me like fire and smile
i hear you.. you find some me i used to know
...i don't hear a word.. and i know
i see you.. i stare and for nothing i recognize.. only because i can't stop

i don't know why you exist, i know exactly why
i don't think you're real

i don't think i would have to see you to feel you

you are there and i can't focus, breathe, turn away
but i can't stay
my body is alive with the sense of yours (dazed with presence graced)
there is tangible evidence in the space between us
made of butterflies
and lightning

if this is why you run
i understand


who i am could all but fit into you
i know
if your light didn't blind me so
if you didn't go

who we are could make sense from slow

No comments: