Tuesday, June 30, 2009

mapless

(this is not mine.. but i wish it was)

I am lost in his eyes.
The static of love,
The sea drowns my cries.
The ground erupts
The silk of his hair.
The stranger at the door
The power of prayer.
The taking from the poor
His heartbeat is strong
The mind is wasted.
The paper is wrong
The truth isn't tasted
I'm stuck in a crowd
The ingrates are full
The silence is loud.
He winks at me twice
The mountain top falls
The man is of mice
The cowardly calls
Its walk is a beacon
The homely are risen
The doorman is weakened.
The passion is driven
I look in his eyes.
The fire listens
The holy man sighs
The waterfall glistens
Its life is a wave.
The lilies in bloom
Its world is a rave.
The dog leaves the room
The footsteps are wet
The fear is despise
It walks with no net
But I'm lost in his eyes.

*The author of this poem recited it to me on my doorstep.. and I demanded she write it out for me as I fell in love with it.
She will remain anonymous :)

No comments: